Latest update: 15 November 2021
Media Release – RAPID DRIVE-THRU TESTING CLINIC AT LARDNER PARK following positive cases in Baw Baw
OPENING HOURS :
- Monday 15, Wednesday 17 & Friday 19 November : 8am to 3pm
- Monday 22, Wednesday 24 & Friday 26 November : 8am to 3pm
West Gippsland Healthcare Group (WGHG) has set up a rapid COVID-19 drive-through testing clinic at Lardner Park at Warragul to increase opportunities for people who may have visited an exposure site in Baw Baw Shire to get tested.
This follows the announcement of several positive cases in Baw Baw Shire by the Gippsland Region Public Health Unit (GRPHU).
The GRPHU has listed Tier 1 & Tier 2 Exposure sites – please go to the following links for updated exposure site information:
Anyone who has attended an exposure site at the specified times is urged to get a COVID-19 test and stay home until they receive a negative result.
If you have symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group, Chief Executive Officer, Dan Weeks said the drive-through testing clinic at Lardner Park would support the efforts of the Warragul Respiratory Clinic by providing additional rapid testing capacity to increase community safety.
“Given the number of people who may have visited or worked at one of the listed exposure sites, there will be a high number of people requiring testing.
”Lardner Park has the capacity to accommodate a large number of vehicles without causing traffic congestion in the centre of Warragul. It will provide people with another option to get tested quickly and isolate until they get the result.”
The rapid testing clinic at Lardner Park will be open on days as advised – please check https://m.facebook.com/Gippsland-Region-Public-Health-Unit-132585535647242/
The Victorian Government has announced further restrictions for the state with mandates applicable in regard to lockdown of businesses, the wearing of masks indoors and outdoors, QR Code scanned check-in for all locations and other COVID protocols.
- Lardner Park (the venue) is open for business under COVID restrictions. For any enquiries please phone message 5626-1376 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org We will answer your query as soon as possible.
- Calf sales will be held every Monday – auction at 11am
- Dairy cattle sales will proceed as normal every 1st and 3rd Friday – auction at 11am (next sale day Friday 18th November)
What does this mean for visitors?
- If you were planning to visit an event at Lardner Park that has had to be cancelled or postponed due to restrictions, please contact the event organiser for more information
What does this mean for our clients?
- Clients who have been impacted have been directly contacted and we will work to find alternative/re-scheduled event arrangements where possible.
For further information please visit the Victorian Government coronavirus website : https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/